This lotion is super moisturizing and perfect for cold, dry winter weather that leaves my skin dehydrated and flaky. I have been tinkering with several body lotion recipes and have finally found a combination that I love! The addition of Lavender and Frankincense essential oils kicks up the power of this lotion.
Lavender Essential Oil – soothes and cleanses skin irritations and bruises, aids in relaxation
Frankincense Essential Oil – promotes healthy cell regeneration, can help support healthy skin and diminish signs of aging
Lavender and Frankincense Body Lotion
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 3 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 50 drops Lavender essential oil
- 25 drops Frankincense essential oil
- Melt coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax together in a double boiler (I use a large glass jar in a small pot of water)
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- Add essential oils and pour into containers (I like these jars for this lotion)
I use Young Living Essential Oils in all my DIY skin care products, to learn more about getting started with essential oils, Click Here.